ARLA/CLUSTER: Coronavirus adia DXpedition há Ilha Swains, atol do arquipélago de Tokelau administrado pela Samoa Americana.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 21 de Fevereiro de 2020 - 17:54:23 WET

Coronavirus outbreak postpones DXpedition

The ARRL report the *W8S DXpedition* to Swains Island in the Pacific, set
to take place in mid-March, has been postponed until Fall due to
coronavirus travel restrictions

The ARRL story says:

Travel restrictions have been imposed on individuals entering American
Samoa, stemming from the recent coronavirus outbreak. The Department of
Health allows non-residents to enter American Samoa only via Hawaii after a
14-day mandatory quarantine in Hawaii, and the DXpedition was unable to
accommodate that requirement.

“Everything is prepared for our DXpedition, and we are eager to go, but
unfortunately the coronavirus outbreak is out of our control,†the
DXpedition team said in announcing the delay. “Although this is a
disappointment for everyone, the W8S DXpedition is not cancelled, but just
postponed for later this year.â€

The DXpedition said it would alert the DX community as soon as it has new
firm dates for the trip.

W8S Swains 2020 https://swains2020.lldxt.eu/

Source ARRL
http://www.arrl.org/news/coronavirus-outbreak-postpones-swains-island-w8s-dxpedition