ARLA/CLUSTER: Aumento de n.º de interferências em Rebote Lunar nos 1296 MHz, via modo E6 dos satélites de navegação Galileo

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 12 de Fevereiro de 2020 - 11:43:56 WET

The Galileo GNSS constellation and 1296 EME operation

*Bob Atkins KA1GT* has documented his recent observations of interference
to 1296 EME from the Galileo navigation satellites' E6 mode

Bob writes:

"Over a number of months I noticed times when I saw a rise and fall in
background noise over periods of 10-20 minutes. The noise level might go up
by as much as 3dB. At first I assumed that it was just antenna sidelobes
picking up some local broadband noise source, or pointing at trees or other
structures and I was seeing ambient temperature thermal noise. However, if
I noted the AZ and EL of the antennas when I saw the noise and went back
later to look for the noise, it was gone."

"After thinking about this for a while, asking questions on Moon-net and
doing some tracking of the noise signal, it gradually became apparent that
the noise source was space based and wasn't cosmic. It appeared to be due
to a satellite (or satellites) in relatively high orbit. The time for the
noise to rise and fall (10-20 minutes) couldn't be from an LEO (Low Earth
orbit) satellite, nor could it be from a geostationary satellite. Its
motion was consistent with something in an orbit about 25000km high. That's
an MEO and the sort of orbit GPS satellites use. Galileo navigation
satellites use are also in MEO (medium earth orbit)."

Read Bob's article at
https://bobatkins.com/radio/galileo-1296.html

2006 article by Peter Blair G3LTF
Potential Interference To Galileo From 23cm Band Operations
http://www.southgatearc.org/articles/galileo.htm