ARLA/CLUSTER: Associação Francesa de Radioamadores deseja implementar a estrutura de 3 categorias / licenças recomendadas pela CEPT

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 12 de Fevereiro de 2020 - 09:56:39 WET

French look at 3-Tier CEPT ham radio structure

One of the French national amateur radio societies *URC* has expressed its
desire for a 3 licence class structure as described in CEPT recommendations
rather the the single class available at the present time

A translation of the Union of Radio Clubs (URC) 2020 Editorial reads:

The URC has its objectives among which that of respecting the CEPT
recommendations and of creating 3 license classes in France. We have made
proposals on how we see how we can do it, this part is to be discussed with
all the associations and the administration but the consensus is that
licenses and exams must be changed in France. So I have a lot of hope in
this consortium that is GIAR.

I hope that all the associations which want to advance radio amateurism, we
will join, that they will clearly display their membership of the GIAR
consortium and that the page of the past will be definitively turned.

Once the GIAR consortium has been formed, we will set up the thematic
groups that we have identified and we will all work together:

• Community facilities (Relays - Beacons - Networks). this group will have
to establish how community facilities can be managed in partnership with
the ANFR. We note that the ANFR manages the frequencies, it does nothing
more than simply check whether the installation transmits in the amateur
radio bands. We, as a radio amateur, need more details because we are
masters of what is going on inside our bands. We will have to establish
rules for the coexistence of community facilities which will then have to
be applied in collaboration with the ANFR.

• Training and exams: within the framework of the establishment of 3
license classes, this group will have to work on training, how to integrate
this training in individual training, in national education and how can we
reform the passage of exams.

• French regulations: since 2012 the decree has had problems and shells, we
have been promised reform of the decree for 8 years, let's work on the
subject and give radio amateurs the means to develop by correcting and
developing the decree.

• Communication and promotion, by contributing to the reform of
examinations, the evolution of our rights, let us persevere and enlarge the
family of radio amateurs. Let us join forces to promote our activity.

If your national association wants to join the GIAR consortium, you can
contact us, if people belonging or not to a national association wish to
reinforce the technical groups, that they also contact us, together apart
from all past controversies, make things happen.

Source URC February 2020 Editorial
https://tinyurl.com/FranceURC-News