Re: ARLA/CLUSTER: Contactos em VHF via Propagação Trans-Equatorial entre a Argentina e a Ilha de Aruba a 5.400 km

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 2 de Dezembro de 2020 - 13:15:39 WET

6000km TEP path on 144 MHz opens up between Buenos Aires and the Dominican
Republic

Hot on the heels of the recent news items about the 5400km TEP opening on
144 MHz between Argentina and the island of Aruba, we have details of some
more contacts that reached in excess of 6000kms!

David Lama, HI8DL reports that on the night of the 29th of November 2020,
both he and Edgar, HI8PLE contacted LU2EPO on 144.300 MHz at 23:57 UTC.

The mode used for the contacts was SSB and the distance was 6102kms.

It is believed that this remarkable contact was possible due to
Trans-Equatorial Propagation.

More info...
https://ei7gl.blogspot.com/2020/12/6000km-tep-path-on-144-mhz-opens-up.html