ARLA/CLUSTER: ‘Estamos lá em mais formas do que apenas na rádio’ Woody Howse (K7EDH )

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 24 de Agosto de 2020 - 14:24:47 WEST

‘We are there in more ways than just radio’

The Mercer Island Reporter carries an article about the Mercer Island Radio
Operators (MIRO)

Since 2013, *Woody Howse K7EDH* has been the chairman of the devoted and
diligent 94-person group, which was founded by former Island public safety
director Ron Elsoe and Bob Farmer.

“I don’t think any other small city in the region has such a dedicated crew
of radio operators. If and when cell coverage is lost during a major
emergency event, this will be an incredible asset,†said Jennifer Franklin,
Mercer Island Police Department emergency preparedness officer.

The group’s net is conducted on the MIRO VHF repeater frequency of 147.160
MHz positive offset tone 146.2 Hz; on the UHF repeater, frequency is
440.150 MHz positive offset tone 103.5. MIRO works out of its radio room on
the lower level of city hall, has a backup radio room in the Community
Event Center at Mercerview and can utilize VHF and UHF voice radios at the
north and south fire stations. A shared communication tower at the water
reservoir — on the highest point on the Island — houses its radio repeaters.

Read the full story at
https://www.mi-reporter.com/news/we-are-there-in-more-ways-than-just-radio/

What is Amateur Radio?
http://www.essexham.co.uk/what-is-amateur-radio

Free online UK amateur radio training course
https://www.essexham.co.uk/train/foundation-online/