ARLA/CLUSTER: Presidente da IARU R1 pede às Sociedades Membros Nacionais para examinarem a situação em seu próprio país e decidir se é apropriado manter a classe de Multioperador em seu país.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 18 de Agosto de 2020 - 10:41:32 WEST

IARU Region 1 Multi-operator contests September onwards

*Multi-Operator Contests* bring radio amateurs together and so can
represent an environment where social distancing can be difficult to
achieve. We must recognize that many radio amateurs are in the older,
higher-risk age groups.

We had hoped that by now, the Covid-19 pandemic would be subsiding, but
after improvements over the summer, the opposite now appears to be the case
in a number of European countries.   Despite this, we know that many Member
Societies want to keep the Multi-operator class in their National and
International contests in 2020.

It is up to the National Member Societies to examine the situation in their
own country and to decide if it is appropriate to hold the Multi-operator
class in their country.  IARU Region 1 will continue to adjudicate Regional
multi-operator contests but at all times, contesters must respect their
local, regional or national regulations on infection control.

*Don Beattie*

*President IARU Region 1*