ARLA/CLUSTER: “ I can HEAR it, why won’t it decode?”

Miguel Pelicano miguel.pelicano gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 16 de Outubro de 2019 - 10:33:48 WEST

Bom dia, julgo ser de muito interesse, por isso aqui vai:

"The slides from Neil G4DBN’s talk, “ I can HEAR it, why won’t it decode?â€
at last weekend’s RSGB convention are available on his website.

http://www.g4dbn.uk/?p=1328

In the first part of his talk Neil goes through some of the non-propagation
reasons as to why many digital modes sometime do not decode. He has some
comments on WSJT-X that differ from guidance given in the manual. Of
particular importance are some notes on how the Windows 10 time service can
be modified (hacked).

The full version of how to modify Windows 10 time is here:

http://www.g4dbn.uk/?p=1286

In the second part of his talk Neil explains why digital modes popular on
HF and EME will not decode with a number of propagation modes on 144MHz and
above. He shows a number of extreme examples from 10GHz.

I am hoping that a video of the talk will be available in a few months.

Neil G4DBN’s site also contains a lot relevant to 23cm EME including notes
on DF9IC amplifiers, QRO combiners and LPFs.

http://www.g4dbn.uk/?s=DF9ic

73

John G4SWX

"