ARLA/CLUSTER: Banda dos 50 MHz Região 1 para o Serviço de Amador, aprovada alocação na WRC-19

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 22 de Novembro de 2019 - 12:11:14 WET

WRC-19 Approves Region 1 50 MHz Amateur AllocationCategory: Latest
<https://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php/174-news/latest-news>Published:
Thursday, 21 November 2019 07:25Written by Hans Blondeel Timmerman

[image: WRC 19]Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, 21 November 2019

The World Radiocommunication Conference WRC-19 has approved an allocation
in the 50 MHz band for amateurs in Region 1. The decision will now be
incorporated in the Final Acts of the conference.

The decision comes after more than three weeks of strenuous negotiations to
reconcile widely disparate views of Region 1 administrations. The result is
a dramatic improvement in the international Radio Regulations for amateurs
in Region 1. Before WRC-19 there were only 11 countries in Africa with a
primary allocation in the band. When the Final Acts take effect, on a date
that has not yet been determined, there will be 44 countries in Region 1
with a primary allocation of at least 500 kHz including 26 countries with a
primary allocation of the entire band 50-54 MHz. The entire region will
have an amateur secondary allocation of 50-52 MHz except in the Russian
Federation, whose administration opted for only 50.080-50.280 MHz on a
secondary basis. There are provisions to protect the other existing
services that use the band in Region 1 and neighboring countries in Region
3. The existing primary allocation of 50-54 MHz in Regions 2 and 3 is
unaffected. The exact manner in which the allocations will be implemented
in Region 1 countries will be determined by each administration and may be
either more generous or less, depending on national considerations.

The WRC-19 decision on its agenda item 1.1 is the culmination of years of
effort by the IARU and its member-societies, mainly in Region 1 but with
support from the other two regions. The ITU Radiocommunication Sector
working group in which preparations were conducted was chaired by Dale
Hughes, VK1DSH, of Australia who also was chosen to chair the sub working
group dealing with the item at the WRC. The sub working group, designated
4C1, held 10 meetings before reaching an agreement that could be forwarded
to Working Group 4C where additional discussions and adjustments took
place. Committee 4 received the output of 4C on Tuesday, 12 November and
performed additional fine-tuning before recommending the results for
adoption by the conference Plenary. Consideration by the Plenary was
delayed while a narrow issue in one footnote was resolved.

IARU Vice President Ole Garpestad, LA2RR, who is attending the WRC as a
member of the Norwegian delegation, observed: “The successful outcome on
Agenda Item 1.1 could only have come about through a team effort by the
IARU member-societies and regional organizations, and especially by the
volunteers who have devoted countless hours to preparing documents and
attending meetings over the past three years. Our thanks go to everyone who
has contributed to this effort, including the radio amateurs who support
the IARU through membership in the IARU member-society in their country.â€
LA2RR coordinated overall IARU preparations for WRC-19. Dave Court, EI3IO,
led the IARU effort on Agenda Item 1.1 which engaged all six regional
telecommunications organizations: ASMG for the Arab States, ATU for Africa,
CEPT for Europe, RCC for Russia and several countries of the former Soviet
Union, CITEL for Region 2, and APT for Region 3. Region 1 Secretary Hans
Blondeel Timmerman, PB2T, was coordinator for the item on behalf of CEPT on
whose proposal the ultimate compromise was largely based.

João Costa > CT1FBF <ct1fbf  gmail.com> escreveu no dia sexta, 22/11/2019
à(s) 12:06: