ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores australianos fazem propostas para a banda dos 60m

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 17 de Maio de 2019 - 13:09:10 WEST

RASA proposes 60m trial in VK

The Radio Amateur Society of Australia (RASA) has written to the
Australian radio regulator, the Australian Communications and Media
Authority, proposing a trial allocation in the 60m (5 MHz) band.

“We suggested that amateur operation be restricted to the existing
Australian commercial allocations of 5351, 5355 and 5360 kHz, using
USB with a maximum 2.8 kHz bandwidth and the 15W transmit power
granted at the World Radio Conference” RASA President, Glenn Dunstan
VK4DUsaid.

“We also proposed a trial digital allocation in the vacant 5363-5 kHz segment”.

“We understand that these channels may not line up with international
allocations, but our first concern is to ensure that sharing is
possible with existing Australian commercial users” Glenn said.

The channelised arrangement has been used in many other countries to
introduce the 5 MHz amateur band – notably, Europe, the USA and New
Zealand. These countries all have much shorter distances between
amateurs and commercial users than Australia.