ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamador espanhol de 16 anos é entrevistado sobre o satélite FossaSat-1 PocketQube

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 24 de Junho de 2019 - 13:08:05 WEST

16-year-old ham radio satellite builder in the press

16-year-old radio amateur *Julián Fernández EA4HCD* was interviewed by the
newspaper El Mundo Chronicle about his FossaSat-1 PocketQube satellite

A Google translation of the article says:

...at the age of seven someone told him about the International Space
Station and, since then, he has not stopped fantasizing about the idea of a
voyage safe from gravity. "Unlike the children of previous generations who
dreamed of being astronauts without knowing very well how to get it, I have
grown up with all the information at my fingertips," he tells Crónica."

Now Julián Fernández *[EA4HCD]*, already as CEO of Fossa Systems, has just
launched a crowdfunding campaign through GoFundMe with which he intends to
finance his latest talent: a mini-satellite (the smallest in Spain and the
third in the world) that will allow the Internet access throughout the
world.

"It is not designed to provide Wi-Fi hotspots," jokes this student of 4th
of ESO, "but to try to democratize access to telecommunications in the
environment of the internet of things." To meet its objective, and in order
to reduce launch costs, the last two years have been devoted to
miniaturizing the size of the satellite. "My prototype will take the
internet to rural areas, many of them without coverage of any kind, so that
monitoring data can be sent at no cost".

English version of article at
https://tinyurl.com/El-Mundo-FossaSat-1

The Fossa team is made up of international members from all over the world
working together thanks to the magic of the internet
https://fossa.systems/about-us/

The IARU have coordinated a frequency of 436.700 MHz for the 100 mW
downlink which is capable of 183 Hz Shift FSK RTTY 45 baud ITA2 and LoRa
125 kHz B/W 180 bps, details at
http://www.amsatuk.me.uk/iaru/finished_detail.php?serialnum=652

Fossa say they have signed a orbital launch contract with UK company Alba
Orbital and a launch on a Electron rocket is expected in the 4th quarter of
2019
https://fossa.systems/fossasat/
https://twitter.com/FossaSys