ARLA/CLUSTER: África do Sul prepara o JOTA/JOTI 2019 que vai decorrer de 18 a 20 de Outubro

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 21 de Junho de 2019 - 14:48:44 WEST

2019 JOTA/JOTI event

In this week's SARL News, *Richard, ZS6RKE*, the National JOTA/JOTI
Coordinator reports that the *2019 JOTA/JOTI* event will be held on the
weekend of 18 to 20 October.

This is the largest Scouting event of the year with around 2 million Cubs,
Scouts and Guides taking part.

We are looking for radio amateurs to assist with running of stations for
the event. A simple field station at your local Scout hall or within a
Scouting District is all that is required.

Over the last 3 years, we have seen a 400% growth is stations,
predominately in Division 6.

There is no need to run the whole weekend either, as most of the activity
is on the Saturday. If you are keen to get Youth involved in Amateur Radio
and give back to your local Scouting community, please contact Richard and
he will assist with contacting a local Troop.
He can be contacted at richard.hooper  scouts.org.za or
richard  sandringhamscouts.co.za.

On Saturday 19 October, the annual CQ Hou Koers event for the Voortrekkers
takes place.
Contact Andries, ZS6VL at orionvoortrekkers  gmail.com to offer your
assistance and to find your local Voortrekker Commando.

Fonte: South African Radio League <http://www.sarl.org.za/Default.asp>