ARLA/CLUSTER: Dois radioamadores suecos fazem doação de rádios portáteis à Associação Dominicana de Pessoas com Deficiência

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 11 de Junho de 2019 - 17:19:48 WEST

Ham radio equipment donation in Dominica

Dominica News reports four amateur radio handheld transceivers have been
donated to the Dominica Association of Persons with Disabilities (DAPD)

Members of the Dominica Association of Persons with Disabilities (DAPD) who
have received amateur radio training, will now be able to apply the
knowledge they have gained.

Four handheld amateur (ham) radios were handed over to the DAPD on Monday
by two Swedish members of the Dominica Amateur Radio Club Inc. (DARCI) who
have joined the DAPD.

During an interview with DBS radio, Executive Director of the DAPD,
Nathalie Murthy said she is thankful to DARCI for their donation.

“It’s one thing to do the theory but its anther thing to do the practicals
and without such devices that won’t be possible so we want to extend a big
thank you to the Dominica Amateur Radio Club Inc. (DARCI) for considering
us and ensuring that the program that we followed now we are able to
implement it practically,†Murphy stated

She added, “After you have had the training and you have been certified as
an amateur radio user, you have to get your license and this is issued by
the National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission and our applications
are before them.â€

Read the full story at
https://dominicanewsonline.com/news/homepage/news/dapd-receives-donation-of-four-amateur-radios/