ARLA/CLUSTER: Estudante promove o radioamadorismo no Japão

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 29 de Janeiro de 2019 - 13:10:38 WET

Student promotes Ham Radio

The Asahi newspaper reports 16-year-old *Yuki Fukumitsu JM8JPN* is
encouraging a new younger generation to take up Amateur Radio

It may no longer be the "king of hobbies" that it once was, but amateur
radio is now a calling to kids in a generation that grew up on smartphones.
Well, at least one of them. And 16-year-old Yuki Fukumitsu is sending out
the call to others to try their hand at ham radio themselves.

The number of local radio hams has rapidly decreased since the hobby's
heyday in the 1970s, with many of them now in their 70s. However, the
first-year Hokkaido Kushiro Meiki Senior High School student has taken a
deep interest in such technology, as it is "uncertain" unlike the
ubiquitous smartphone.

The young hopeful said: “My friends don’t quite understand the fun of
amateur radio. I want to recruit like-minded people through Twitter and a
Blog.â€

Read the full article at
http://www.asahi.com/sp/ajw/articles/AJ201901280004.html

Yuki Fukumitsu JM8JPN