ARLA/CLUSTER: DXpedition (3Y0Z) à Ilha de Bouvet - Opções / instruções para REEMBOLSOS de fundos da DXpedition não utilizados

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 8 de Janeiro de 2019 - 13:10:05 WET

Bouvet DXpedition (3Y0Z) - Options/instructions for REFUNDS of unused
DXpedition funds

Let me take this opportunity to thank you again for your financial support.

The DXpedition team members are all extremely disappointed that we
were not able to complete our mission. We were offshore Bouvet for
three days and encountered extreme weather conditions.
While fighting hurricane force winds, one of our vessel’s engines was
over-stressed and a critical coupling failed.
The ship’s Captain had no choice but to abort the DXpedition for
safety reasons. It was the correct decision, but a huge disappointment
after almost three years of planning.

We now have returned our sea container to the US, paid our final
bills, and sold equipment to raise funds. After all this, I am happy
to report we have a balance in our accounts. I am able to offer you a
48% refund of your original contribution to 3Y0Z. All supporters of
our DXpedition are offered the same percentage regardless of whether
they are a DX Foundation, DX Club, Individual DXer or DXpedition team
member. This is the only fair way to do this!

Many of you have contacted me and indicated that you DO NOT want any
refund. So, I want to give everyone several options:

Option 1: I want the refund. Please use my PayPal email address. (No
checks or wire transfers please). I respectfully ask that you do not
take a refund IF your contribution was $30 USD or less.

Option 2: I do not want the refund; please donate my refund to the
3Y0Z team. Each member of the DXpedition team has invested
considerable money, time and effort to try to make this DXpedition a
success.

Option 3: I do not want the refund; please donate it to the Northern
California DX Foundation (NCDXF) in my name. This will help fund
future DXpeditions worldwide.

Option 4: I do not want the refund; please donate it to the
International DX Foundation (INDEXA) in my name. This will help fund
future DXpeditions worldwide.

DEFAULT OPTION…..If you do not respond, we will divide your refund
pro-rata (proportional) between the 3Y0Z team, NCDXF, INDEXA and
German DX Foundation (GDXF). (These are our largest financial
supporters.)

Our DEADLINE for requesting Option 1-4 is March 15, 2019.

PLEASE NOTE: It is not necessary to contact me. If I do not hear from
you by the deadline, I will assume the DEFAULT OPTION.

The contact email address is dxped  comcast.net

Again, we very much appreciate your support for this project. The
final outcome of this ambitious project is not as we planned or hoped
for, but the DXpedition team is home and is safe. We are thankful for
that!

Vy 73,

Bob-K4UEE
3Y0Z Co-leader and Chief Financial Officer

Fonte: via OPDX