ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamador da Ilha de Tristão da Cunha apela a fundos para situação de emergência depois da passagem de terrível tempestade, a pior por quase vinte anos

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 27 de Agosto de 2019 - 13:39:35 WEST

Tristan da Cuhna Emergency Fund Appeal

*Steve, G4EDG/ZD9CW*, reports: "On July 18/19th, Tristan suffered a
terrifying storm, the worst for nearly twenty years. Severe damage was
suffered by residential, administration buildings as well as to the school
and fish processing factory.

"Thankfully nobody was injured, but life on the island has been severely
affected and work is in progress to repair the buildings. Materials for
this task are on their way from South Africa on the MV Edinburgh, the same
boat that took me to the island last year for my ZD9CW operation, a rough
journey of seven days.

"Perhaps DXers would consider making a donation to help with the daunting
task of restoring Tristan to some sort of normality."

For more details and on how you can help, see:
https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/tristanemergencyfund

Fonte: OPDX