ARLA/CLUSTER: Uma noite como antigamente com equipamentos do meio da década de 1950...

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 12 de Agosto de 2019 - 10:07:51 WEST

Vintage Night

Fair Lawn Amateur Radio Club invites local amateurs to participate on
the air as part of 'Vintage Night' on Friday, August 16th

Last year The Fair Lawn Amateur Radio Club reconstructed the club’s
original 1961 Novice station equipment, which actually dated from the
mid-1950’s.

This year, FLARC will feature a typical Novice station from the early
to mid 1960’s and make it again active on the air.

Our transmitter will be a Heathkit DX-60, with a Heathkit HG-10 VFO.
We may also operate on crystal control. The receiver will be a Drake
2B, with matching 2BQ Q-Multiplier/Speaker. Don’t know what a “Q
Multiplier” is? Find out at our Vintage Night.

The club is hoping that you would like to work us using this vintage
station. Look for us starting in the 7 PM local time (EDT) on 40 meter
CW around 7.030 to 7.035. We will be using our club call…W2NPT.

We will be on 80 meter CW from approximately 7:30 local time to
sometime past 8:00, around 3.550 to 3.560 (QRP stations take note).

Then, we will switch to 75 meters, and operate on AM phone around the
usual “AM watering hole” between 3.880 and 3.885, but possibly lower
in the 3.800 range. The DX-60 is expected to put out about 40 watts in
AM mode.

Those working W2NPT please QSL via QRZ.com. All stations worked will
receive a special certificate under separate cover. No additional
postage required.

Want to see the station in action? The actual event will be held at
the Fair Lawn Senior Center, 11-05 Gardiner Road in Fair Lawn
beginning Friday, August 16th at 7PM. Refreshments will be served.

or more information, please visit the club's website at
www.fairlawnarc.orgor call 201-791-3841