ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadorismo Virtual: HamSphere 4.0, 5 anos depois.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 8 de Agosto de 2019 - 13:29:52 WEST

HamSphere 4.0 5 years later

*HamSphere 4.0* Five years have passed !
Summer 2014 on August 15 exactly, a UFO arrives in the world of radio
amateurs and radio enthusiasts, this new program happens to simulate the
propagation on the amateur bands radio 10 to 160 meters.

In 2019 we have E sporadic propagation on 10 and 11 meter.
New contests and awards, a daily challenge, new antennas and plugins in the
shop. One of the more important thinds are the REMOTE from exotic QTH like
Antarctica, Solomen islands, etc. propagation like on real ham radio is not
wonderfull but on virtual ham radio we can have big antenna like 8 element
yagi !!

Most of the operators are in Europe and yes outside of Europe it is not
easy to find a lot of DX especialy in Africa. For some countries it can be
free to use HS4 because economical situation.
http://www.hamsphere.com/dxinfo.php

Include in the subscription there is a Directive antenna "VU2NSB" who is
good for DX. You can exchange your QSL with HS4 and not money to spend in
BURO, stamps, "green stamps" etc

If your dream to be a DJ we have also a 48 meter for "pirate radios "

This very realistic software is called *HamSphere 4.0*. of course it is a
little more complicated to use than HamSphere 3 but it is much more
réalistic because of the real propagation of shortwaves. We dont have yet
the 6 meter but i think one day the Boss will be able to ad this band on
HS4 !

My dream is to have more operators QRV, exemple in 5 years i dont get me
WAS award, i dont know why they are 800 000 hams in USA and only fews
actives on hs4 ?

Since 2014 i confirm 187 countries, i have the 6 band DXCC and soon i hope
to have my 100 countries on 11 meter ( on HS we have also 11 meter band ) I
hope also to get my CW award.

My collection of QSL cards
https://hamspheref0duw.
blogspot.com/p/qsl-cards_3.html

Many French have tried this program and few are even in the top 100 DXers
of the HamSphere 4.0 DX club TOP 1000. Some have confirm by QSL card 191
countries. It is possible to make Phonia but also CW, SSTV and other
digital modes ( PSK31,etc ). 213 countries have already been active on HS4
including rare countries. IOTA on HS4 are IOHS (islands on HamSphere),
Lighthouse (LOHS) or castles (COHS).

On HamSphere 4.0, there are French amateurs with F6, F1, F4, F5, F6, F8 and
those without a code are 14HS. for UK 26HS

Why use virtual amateur radio?

"Because it becomes harder and harder for radio fans to be able to exercise
their hobby" Several reasons for this:

Antennas:
The antenna is a main component of a radio amateur station. Installing an
antenna or antennas especially in town or renting becomes very difficult.
The application for a license for a large pylone becomes more restrictive.
Not to mention the electrosensibles that are in crisis when they see an
antenna even those of the SWL!

Climatic elements on the antennae such as wind and lightning. During
storms, it is not unusual to see antennas falling or being destroyed with
if you are in town to see your antenna risky to fall on the street.
Lightning can also fall on your antenna and cause very serious damage when
it reaches your TRx.

The price of a good amateur radio installation can quickly climb.
Equipment, antennas, taxes, insurance etc.

The price of the QSL cards, stamps and " green stamps ! "

For fans of DX on 27 Mhz when the propagation is bad, it is necessary to
know that there is always propagation on amateur bands like the decametric
20 meters With age, it becomes painful to climb on the pylone or on the
roof ...

The QRM: A problem that did not exist a few years ago. Many technologies
generate QRM which disrupts all short wave listening.

Exams to become amateur radio in France and nany countries are too
complicated for some people.

The solution : Virtual amateur radio with HamSphere 4.0

Virtual radio amateur is not expensive. You only need a computer, a tablet
or a smartphone, a microphone, an internet connection or wifi and the
HamSphere 4.0 program.

No QRM, no electrosensitive (?), No exams to pass, government taxes,
building permits for pylones and antennas, no need to climb on the pylone
at 70 y.o !, No more BURO QSL contribution, stamps, as well as on the real
amateur amateur radio bands.

On HS 4.0 there are also contests (contests) in Phone or CW , SSTV, and
many modes.

For about € 35 ( 40 US ) per year, it is possible to send as many qsl cards
as you want. I have already sent 6000 on hamSphere 4.0

The HamSphere 4.0. TX
It is immediately functional with antenna on SW on Ham radio bands

You can have a free trial of HamSphere 4.0
http://hs4.hamsphere.com/

HamSphere 4.0 is also on Android smartphone https://hamspheref0duw
.blogspot.fr/2017/07/hamsphere-40-mobile-virtual-portable.html

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamsphere4.0/

HamSphere ® is a Registered Trademark of RingJoeBing Holdings Ltd, Cyprus

*Frank, FØDUW*