ARLA/CLUSTER: LimeSDR para as bandas de amador

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 5 de Agosto de 2019 - 12:32:22 WEST

LimeRFE for ham radio bands

*LimeRFE* is a software-definable RF front end module for LimeSDR
platforms. A limited number of reduced-cost boards are being made available
without Cellular but with the Amateur Radio bands

Myriad RF reports:

The LimeRFE crowdfunding campaign has a new, lower-cost option: the same
programmable software-defined front-end board but without the components
needed to operate in cellular bands, as an alternative for radio amateurs.

“We’ve had some enquiries as to whether it would be possible to make a
reduced cost version of LimeRFE that doesn’t have support for cellular
bands,†explains Lime Microsystems’ *Andrew Back G7JKB*. “In response to
which we’re pleased to announce that we’ll be making 50 boards in this
configuration, with campaign pricing of $449 and post-campaign pricing of
$549. Once these are gone, they’re gone and we presently don’t plan to make
additional boards without support for the full complement of bands.â€

The new lower-cost LimeRFE boards are available to back now on the
project’s Crowd Supply page.
https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limerfe

*Daniel Estévez EA4GPZ*, meanwhile, has been working with an early LimeRFE
unit, and has written up his efforts at enlisting it for Weak Signal
Propagation Reporting (WSPR) use.

“The LimeRFE is intended to work as an RF frontend for the LimeSDR family,
although it can work coupled with any other SDR or conventional radio,â€
Daniel writes. “As such, it has power amplifiers, filters and LNAs designed
to cover the huge frequency range of these SDRs. It is designed to cover
all the Amateur radio bands from HF up to 9cm, and a few cellular bands.

“So far I am liking the LimeRFE,†Daniel continues, after a successful test
WSPR transmission and I think that the concept is a great idea. It seems
that a LimeSDR plus a LimeRFE is already able to be used for real world
amateur radio activities, and not just as lab equipment.â€

aniel’s full write-up can be found on his blog.
https://destevez.net/2019/07/wspr-with-the-limerfe/

Read the full Myriad RF post at
https://myriadrf.org/news/ota-lower-cost-limerfe-wspr-experiments-lorawan-world-records-and-more/