ARLA/CLUSTER: Primeiro QSO ROS no satélite geoestacionário QO-100

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 16 de Abril de 2019 - 12:07:16 WEST

First live two way ROS Data qso over QO-100

First live Two way QSO's reported over QO-100 on 10.489606 GHz Down
link frequency between PA1DSB and SV8RV, QSO using off air 10 GHz Rx
each side of the qso 95 cm and 1 meter dish tx/rx

Peter PA1DSB reports

I Just was in QSO with 8RV. We did start in TX4. Later TX16. I think
power was 10mW into 95cm dish here.
These power levels produced 100% error free copy each way, at -13 dB
s/n [in 2.4 KHz]
ROS being weak signal mode has proved ideal over the Sat link ,
requiring only 10 mW carrier power and no external time locking ,
providing plain text qso.

Its suggested that the Dial-set-USB for ROS QSO is 10.489606 GHz,
being 2G , all traffic may take part in a single channel

SV8RV and others are now monitoring, due to reporting limitations, the
psk-map shows qso's as 2 meter band

ROS windows based application may be downloaded form:
https://rosmodem.wordpress.com/

73
Graham, g0nbd