ARLA/CLUSTER: Equipa da DXpedition 3Y0I reafirma que a expedição à Ilha de Bouvet NÃO ESTÁ cancelada

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 1 de Abril de 2019 - 16:36:42 WEST

Bouvet Island DXpedition news

SAD NEWS. Excerpts from a very long press release dated March 26th, the
3Y0I team was just 70 nautical miles off Bouvet Island, and the ship was
"hit by a series of 11+ meters (36+ ft) tall waves + wind exceeding 83
knots/h (approx. 160 km/h).

The fierce oceanic forces swept past the upper deck, taking one of the
radars, including VSAT, VHF and HF marine antennas, off the mast and
throwing them all overboard. The hit was so hard the vessel tilted as much
as 45°." On March 27th, it was reported that all team members and crew were
safe, but "with lack of the most important navigational tools, the captain
declared it was not safe to navigate and they needed to go back to Cape
Town to secure both all participants on the board, their equipment and the
vessel's gear."

Also from press release, the 3Y0I team stated that the the "3Y0I Expedition
is NOT cancelled – we don't give up that easily".... The "3Y0I’s events
will be long discussed and analyzed by the Team to 'attack' the island one
more time – as soon as possible –again all marked with 'safety-first'
principles." To read the complete Press Release #4 written by Stan, SP8S,
the 3Y0I Press officer, see:
https://bouvetoya.org/3yoi-postponed

While this was being written, two more press releases were posted (one
short and one very long) by Stan, SP8S, on March 28th. They contain more
details about what happened and an audio conversation with Dom, 3Z9DX, on
20 meters. They can be read at:
Press Release #5 (HAMS SIMPLY ROCK!) --
https://bouvetoya.org/hams-simply-rock
Press Release #6 (3Y0I TO BE CONTINUED!) --
https://bouvetoya.org/3yoi-to-be-continued
As of press time, the "Atlantic Tuna" was reported to be in a middle of
another storm.

The "Atlantic Tuna" can be tracked at the following Web sites:
https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=7225051
https://www.marinetraffic.com/
en/ais/details/ships/shipid:5786633/mmsi:601070100
https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?
glId=0tARRAqk3ftzEN8
piDb2UOWqGrnOX349o

For more details and updates, we suggest to watch the following Web pages:
3Y0I Bouvetoya Web site: https://bouvetoya.org
Rebel DX Group Web site: https://www.rebeldxgroup.com
3Y0I_JA Support Team Web site: http://jouban.jp/3y0i_ja (For JA stations)
3Y0I Bouvetoya on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bouvetoya.org