ARLA/CLUSTER: Regulador belga baixa a potencia em HF de 50w para 10w para os iniciantes no radioamadorismo (Categoria C)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 1 de Abril de 2019 - 16:09:46 WEST

BIPT repeals ham radio power reduction

Belgium's amateur radio society, the *UBA*, informed the Regulator BIPT of
their objections to the Decision of BIPT Council that cut Basic license
(ON3) power from 50w to 10w and withdrew the 1.8 and 50 MHz bands

A Google translation of the UBA post reads:

BIPT has now confirmed that the Council Decision of March 20, 2019 has been
repealed. The previous Council Decision of April 24, 2012 will remain in
force for the time being.

On Monday, March 25 we informed the BIPT Council of our objections to the
Decision of the BIPT Council of March 20.

Almost immediately we received a reply that our objections are being
investigated and a few hours later the references to the decision of the
BIPT website have been removed. The decision itself is still on the BIPT
website:
https://www.bipt.be/public/files/nl/22777/Beluit_Frequentieplan
_RAM_2019-03-20.pdf

This could indicate that the decision has been (provisionally) withdrawn,
but no formal confirmation has yet been received from BIPT.

We hope for a new consultation with BIPT to find a solution that is more
favorable for our ON3s than the decision of March 20.

As stated in the previous article: undoubtedly to be continued!
UBA https://tinyurl.com/BelgiumUBA
BIPT decision on ham radio frequencies, modes and power
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2019/march/bipt-decision-on-ham-radio-frequencies-modes-and-power.htm