ARLA/CLUSTER: Lá como cá - Ofcom insiste em cobranças claras e justas de serviços para telemóveis para usuários móveis.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 27 de Setembro de 2018 - 15:43:42 WEST

Clear and fair handset charges for mobile users

Ofcom has today set out proposals to ensure fairer, more transparent prices
for mobile customers who pay for handsets and airtime within the same
contract <https://ofcom.cmail20.com/t/i-l-naiyhl-wklhtkyut-u/>.

Buying a handset with a mobile contract is a popular way for people to
receive a new phone, as it allows them to spread the cost over many months.
Our research suggests around two in three pay-monthly mobile customers are
on a contract that ‘bundles’ the cost of a handset with the cost of using
the phone, known as airtime.

While most customers are receiving good value for money, Ofcom is concerned
that a significant minority continue to pay the same price after the end of
their minimum contract period (often 18 or 24 months). We are also
concerned that, when a mobile customer signs up for a bundled contract,
providers are not transparent about the respective costs of the handset and
the airtime – so customers cannot tell how much they are paying for the
different parts of their deal.

So we are now setting out proposals for regulation to address how people
are sold combined airtime and handset deals. These include options to
achieve greater transparency, and to require providers automatically to
introduce fairer tariffs at the end of the minimum contract period.
We are seeking comments on our proposals from consumer groups, the public,
industry and other interested parties by 7 November. We will then examine
in the new year.