ARLA/CLUSTER: Impacto previsível na banda de 5 GHz ao nível do radioamadorismo durante a WRC-19

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 29 de Outubro de 2018 - 13:54:50 WET

WRC-19: 5 GHz and the impact on amateur radio

SARL News say the next *World Radio Conference* will take place in the last
quarter of 2019, and there are a number of agenda items that may impact
amateur radio.

The IARU has developed a position that organised amateur radio should take.
As the SARL, we have the opportunity to lobby the South Africa delegation
to the conference to support our position.

One of the concerns is agenda item 1.12 that calls for the global
harmonisation for the implementation of a transport system under the
existing mobile service allocation. In Region 1, Amateur Radio has an
allocation 5 650 - 5 850 MHz that needs to be protected. The band is also
challenged by Agenda item 1.16 seeking additional spectrum for the Mobile
service.

In order to strengthen the SARL position when talking with DTPS and ICASA,
we need to show how extensive the band is used in South Africa.
If your Club or interest group operates on the 5 GHz band, please send
detail of the operation and the frequencies used to sarlregwg  sarl.org.za
by Monday 5 November 2018.

Fonte: South African Radio League <http://www.sarl.org.za/Default.asp>