ARLA/CLUSTER: Reporte da activação da Ilha de Ducie

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 22 de Outubro de 2018 - 12:45:48 WEST

Ducie Island report
(October 22nd).

Good morning from Ducie Island.

We are progressing well.
- The main camp and kitchen are fully established and supplied with food /
water.
- The generator sites are built and supplied with fuel.
- The SSB camp, located at the main camp, is setup with 4 stations. It is
this camp which has been making all the SSB /CW QSOs using VDAs. SteppIR
beams go up today.

- Today the CW Camp and antennas are the priority. This camp is about 3/4
mile from the main camp. Equipment for this camp was landed at a different
location. About a 30 minute walk through the bush between camps.

- There is very little beach at high tide.

- Over the next 2-3 days we'll complete the antenna work, including 30, 80
and 160. Because of the undergrowth stringing radials is a challenge. SSB
40m 4 Square is complete, CW 40m 4 Square almost completed.

- It's been very hot and humid. We've been told to expect some rain
possibly later today, heavy at times.

- Large 8 person sleeping tents house 3 men per tent, plenty of room.

- Signals on this end are loud. The team is in good spirits and eagerbto
get into a routine.

- We will upload the log this morning. When we put the/MM log online there
may be some errors with the times, we'll correct them, no need to send
e-mails.

- We know DXA dropped out a few times, this was due to power at the network
switch. The plan is to install a UPS on the network switch.

- 2 Braveheart crew members will remain on the island to support the
operation and generators.

Stand by for another update.

*Team Ducie 2018*

via OPDX