ARLA/CLUSTER: "Newsletter" da IARU R1 "VHF - UHF - MW Newsletters" disponíveis para download

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quarta-Feira, 30 de Maio de 2018 - 13:51:14 WEST

IARU R1 highlights threat to higher ham radio bands

In issue 77 of the free IARU Region 1 VHF newsletter, the Chair of
VHF-UHF-uW committee *Jacques Verleijen ON4AVJ* highlights the threats to
vital amateur radio spectrum

In less than a year we will have our interim meeting about the use of the
spectrum above 30 MHz. We have to face some challenges. I want to invite
all Member Societies to think about how to promote, defend and use our
frequencies.

They are wanted by others, both government and commercial, users. So this
is a wake-up call to be aware that if we not are using those bands we will
lose them. Such a setback will not be the responsibility of IARU (R1), if
we lose them, but from the amateur community who often have more commitment
to HF, than VHF&up.

I know that this statement will shock some of you, but it is true. Our
survey on the use of VHF&up made this clear. So I want to invite all Member
Societies to think creatively (out of the box, as we say now) to think how
to improve activity on our dear bands.

Like some have said: *“use them or lose themâ€* and *“HF is not the only
bands for ham radio, but they are the easiest to useâ€*.

Download the May 2018 newsletter from
http://www.iaru-r1.org/index.php/vhfuhsshf/newsletters