ARLA/CLUSTER: Noruega introduz o conceito 2x1 (Duas Letras e Um Numero) para indicativos especiais de chamada para concursos de associações e/ou individuais

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 11 de Maio de 2018 - 13:49:43 WEST

 Norway introduces 2x1 contest call signs

Following a longtime request from the Norwegian contest community, the
Norwegian Communication Authority (NCA) recently permitted the use of 2x1
contest call signs for individual radio amateurs.

With few exceptions Norwegian 2x1 call signs have been reserved for club
stations, which have also been permitted to use the LN prefix in contests.
The new call signs will use the LC prefix and one letter suffixes. The 2x1
call signs are available for all radio amateurs with a Norwegian call sign.
They are issued for contest use only and must be renewed every five years.

The first issuance from the new call sign series took place on 15 April
during Norsk Hammeting 2018, the biggest ham radio event in Norway.
All applicants had to list five call signs in order of priority. Some call
signs were applied for by several contesters, and those were allocated by
random drawing among the applicants. All applicants received one of their
listed call signs. 27 call signs were issued in the first issuance. The
remaining call signs will be issued on a first come, first served basis.

*Norsk Radio Relae Liga* (NRRL), the national ham radio organization of
Norway, has been given the responsibility to administer the contest call
sign scheme on behalf of NCA. NRRL charges an administrative fee of 1 000
NOK (approx. 125 USD, 103 EUR) on issuance and renewal, while NCA charges
the same fee on issuance only.

“We hope the shorter call signs will improve the QSO rates and the call
sign readability and reduce the error rates for our contacts. With five and
six characters call signs, Norwegian contesters may we have felt a little
disadvantaged, but now we can be on equal terms with many contesters in
other countries. Our only remaining issue now is our location way into the
aurora belt, but that is a challenge we probably will have to live withâ€,
says LB3RE Rag, leader of the NRRL Contest Committee, with a smile.

“We are very pleased that the 2x1 call signs finally materialized, and hope
this will inspire the Norwegian contesters to increased activity and
recruit more contestersâ€, says LB1GB Bjorn, leader of LA Contest Club.

We hope to see you in many contests.

73

*Frode LA6VQ*NRRL Contest Committee