ARLA/CLUSTER: GatesAir suspende venda de novos transmissores de AM por falta de componentes críticos no mercado

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 19 de Março de 2018 - 13:43:03 WET

 GatesAir suspends sale of AM transmitters

When a prominent radio engineer passed along word to *Radio World* that
he’d sought a quote from the manufacturer on a new transmitter but was told
the company had discontinued the model and was assessing its AM line, we
sought to learn more.

Chief Product Officer Rich Redmond replied: “Recent changes in the
long-term availability of critical components from our suppliers, including
several last-time buy notices, have caused us to take proactive steps to
ensure we can meet our continued support obligation of our AM products,†he
said.

“To safeguard our ability to offer an ample supply of spare components —
and to secure the ongoing field support of our AM transmitters — GatesAir
has taken the responsible step of suspending new AM transmitter sales, and
will instead focus on supporting existing customers’ transmitters with our
available components.â€

He said warranty, field service, phone support, spare parts and repairs
continue as normal for GatesAir AM products.

Flexiva DAX, DX and 3DX transmitters all had a number of obsolete
components that influenced the decision.

“GatesAir is currently in the advanced technology assessment phase for the
development of an updated line of AM transmitters,†Redmond said.

https://www.radioworld.com/news-and-business/gatesair-suspends-sale-of-am-transmitters

*•* Our thanks to *Mike Terry* for spotting this item