ARLA/CLUSTER: A agregação e massificação do modo FT8 na Rede Reverse Beacon

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 18 de Junho de 2018 - 13:33:15 WEST

The Reverse Beacon Network and FT8

A few weeks ago, several prolific Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) nodes
began spotting FT8 signals, using the combination of WSJT-X and an
unreleased Aggregator Version 5.

The purpose of this limited Alpha test was to get a feel for the load
and other implications of carrying FT8 spots on the RBN.

The most striking characteristic of FT8 spots is their sheer quantity
and it seems obvious that adding FT8 spots to the spot flow could have
a huge impact on the infrastructure of the RBN.

"We frankly do not know whether the RBN servers will be up to the
task", the RBN Team says, "so we decided we had better find out before
the autumn contest season is upon us".

Effective immediately and on a Beta test basis, the RBN's current spot
feed http://telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7000 will only handle CW and
RTTY spots, while http://telnet.reversebeacon.net port 7001 will be
set up for FT8 spots only.

See www.reversebeacon.net/pages/FT8+Announcement+40 for more information.