ARLA/CLUSTER: No Dia Nacional da Austrália, radioamadores vão poder usar um prefixo especial

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 16 de Janeiro de 2018 - 13:43:59 WET

AX prefix on Australia's national day

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) automatically
allows all radio amateurs to substitute their normal VK callsign prefix
with the letters *AX*, every Australia Day.

Our national day this year falls on Friday 26th of January. This gives
radio amateurs the chance to be part of the commemoration the First Fleet's
arrival in 1788 at Sydney Gove and the establishment of a European
settlement at Port Jackson, with the raising of the British flag by
Governor Arthur Phillip.

On Australia Day many celebrate our country and culture. This includes the
granting of awards, honours and the welcoming to citizenship of many
immigrants. National flags will be flown and the celebrations include
fireworks displays.

The AX prefix is popular among prefix hunters and others. The use of a
special QSL card is encouraged by the Wireless Institute of Australia.

Wireless Institute of Australia <http://www.wia.org.au/>