ARLA/CLUSTER: Noticias da DXpedition à Ilha de Bouvet: Tudo a bordo e pronto a partir.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 8 de Janeiro de 2018 - 15:32:05 WET

Bouvet Island DXpedition news

All Dressed Up and a Place to Go

Here she is, the Betanzos, the ship on which we will begin our journey to
Bouvet in just over two weeks.

It's been a busy year for this vessel. She's been pulled from the water,
inspected, refurbished and remodeled stem to stern to prepare her for new
life as an Antarctic support vessel, and for our expedition to Bouvet.

During her previous life in commercial fishing, she was at sea for months
at a time. Her captain of 8 years is still with her, and knows the Southern
Ocean, the ice and his ship very well. Beneath that new coat of paint lies
a rugged vessel manned by an able crew.

We'll climb aboard on January 13, 2018 to begin our voyage to Bouvet.

Fonte: OPDX