ARLA/CLUSTER: De radioamador virtual a radioamador real ou a história de Dylan Krueger através da App HamSphere

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 26 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 15:27:16 WET

11-year-old talks to the world

The Reflector-Chronicle reports on 11-year-old *Dylan Krueger* who is
studying to get his amateur licence and is currently using HamSphere

What started with running a quick errand for his grandmother ended in a
hobby that has opened a realm of possibilities for 11-year-old Dylan
Krueger.

“I was at my grandma’s house and my grandma’s neighbor wanted trash bags,
so I went across the street and he was like ‘I’m all into radios and
robots. Do you want to come see them?’,†Dylan said, recalling the day he
met *John Kovac K0VAC* in Junction City.

That is when he began learning about Ham Radio operations.

“I asked him if I could talk, but he said you have to get a license before
you can talk,†Dylan said.

That meeting opened a whole new world to Dylan who has since spoken with
people from around the country and the world, including India, the United
Kingdom, Idaho and Arizona.

He is now studying to take the Ham Radio Technician Exam, but has been able
to communicate through an Internet program called HamSphere which does not
require a license.

Read the full story at
http://www.abilene-rc.com/news/year-old-krueger-talks-to-the-world/article_4de0a1c2-1190-11e8-9830-1397a4293bc5.html

HamSphere