ARLA/CLUSTER: Don (3Z9DX) anuncia 1ª DXpedition polaca à ilha de Bouvet, possivelmente para 2019 (muitos consideram que está aberta "oficialmente" uma corrida oportunista a Bouvet)

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 9 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 13:11:09 WET

 3Y0I – Bouvet Island
February 8, 2018
<https://dx-world.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/3y0g.jpg>

DX-World just received info from a Norwegian contact that the *3Y0I*
<https://www.qrz.com/db/3y0i> license has been renewed. A landing permit
has also been issued by the Norwegian Polar Institute.

No dates of activity are mentioned but the permit is good until February
2019. However, DX-World contact suggests activity could be sometime this
year. (*see new info below*)

For info, *this website <https://bouvetoya.org/>* has recently been updated.

OUR TRIP, PLANNED ORIGINALLY AT THE END OF 2017, WAS CANCELLED AT THE
REQUEST OF THE ORGANIZERS OF THE “3YØZ†EXPEDITION. DUE TO THEIR
CANCELLATION, WE ARE NOW RETURNING TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF OUR PROJECT AND
PREPARATIONS FOR OUR TRIP AS A MATTER OF URGENCY.

Furthermore, from the above website:

*The first ever Polish expedition to the subantarctic Bouvet Island by
3Z9DX, SQ8X, SP3DOI, YU4DX and J69DS.*

*For the purpose of the expedition, a 24m-high seagoing yacht with
PowerSail sails and 2 engines of 250 HP was chartered. The unit is adapted
to move in extreme weather conditions. During the stay on the island,
before the bad weather, we will be protected by proper construction of
expedition tents. The whole trip is financed from the private resources of
the participants.Our expedition will start in South Africa, from where we
will sail to Bouvet Island. We will cover over 2,800 nautical miles in the
far South Atlantic. (It’s over 5200 km!)After landing on Bouvet, we will
install a camp and shortwave radio on the glacier plateau (it covers 93% of
the island’s surface. In good weather, we will get to Olavtoppen – the
highest peak of the island rising 760m above sea level.*

*Our expedition will take place during the subantarctic summer in the
Southern Hemisphere. A sea journey in stormy conditions will take about 12
days one way. If the weather is favourable for us, we will spend about two
weeks on the island. With successful winds, the expedition plan will close
in about a month and a half.*