ARLA/CLUSTER: Equipa da abortada DXpedition à Ilha de Bouvet, ruma para a Cidade do Cabo na África do Sul por decisão do comandante do navio

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 6 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 13:54:23 WET

 Bouvet DXpedition news

February 5, 2018, 0930 UTC: Our captain has decided that it is in the best
interest of safety and expediency to proceed directly to Capetown, South
Africa rather than Punta Arenas, Chile. We are now heading north to avoid
the possibility of encountering ice.

Currently, there is no ice in sight or on radar. In due time, we will head
easterly toward Capetown.

Our entire team is safe. Most are resting in their bunks and in good
spirits. We will keep the amateur radio community and our families
informed, as we continue our journey.

*Bob, K4UEERalph, K0IRErling, LA6VM*

1445 UTC: Position: 53 degrees 42 minutes South, 0.41 degrees West.
Heading 58 degrees. Speed 7 knots. The wind is from 165 degrees and pushing
us along in moderate following seas.
Our ride is now considerably smoother than earlier, today. We did pass
through some ice between 1200 and 1300 UTC. The sea is clear now.

We are headed for Capetown, South Africa. This is the safest and most
expedient course for us.

We thank those who have expressed concern and good wishes. We are, of
course very, very disappointed. We are slowed, but safe.

Ralph, K0IR

via OPDX