ARLA/CLUSTER: Federación Digital EA comemora o Dia Mundial da Radio 2018 com 9 estações especiais entre 9 a 13 de Fevereiro

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 6 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 13:26:19 WET

 AOxWRD: World Radio Day 2018  [image: español]
<http://www.fediea.org/news/?news=20180213&lang=es> [image: english]

This year, the theme of the Day, *February 13*, is: "*Radio and Sports*".
As we are Radio too, we will celebrate again, but our way, being on the air
with the special callsigns: *AO1WRD, AO2WRD, AO3WRD, AO4WRD, AO5WRD,
AO6WRD, AO7WRD, AO8WRD and AO9WRD*; the whole weekend: *from Friday 9 to
Tuesday 13*.
------------------------------

The aim of *UNESCO* devoting one day to Radio, is to enhance a mass media,
simple and low cost, specifically suited to reach remote communities and
vulnerable people.

The day should be also a good opportunity to think over and to value the
media and the task performed in the development of society. Radio amateurs,
as a subcategory within the Radio and of a huge interactivity, have our own
role and contribute to keep alive the technical knowledge of equipment and
behavior of waves.

In this activity, *Federación Digital EA* offers the possibility of
operating the special stations to its members and gives special QSL to a
single contact, which is also valid for the *Radio Clubs of the World
Award, EANET*  <http://www.fediea.org/eanet/?lang=en>.

*How to contact the special stations?*

During these days, they will be on the air using the different bands and
more usual modes (phony, CW, digital, etc.). A good way to locate them is
throughDX Cluster
<http://www.fediea.org/go.php?link=9&url=http://www.radiocq.com/> and/or
also consulting the agenda of the activity
<http://fediea.org/actividades/consulta.php?lang=en>.

Members <http://www.fediea.org/info/socio.php?lang=en> who wish, may go on
air with these special callsigns, upon request by the booking system
<http://www.fediea.org/news/?news=20180213&lang=en#reserva> enabled for
this purpose (see below
<http://www.fediea.org/news/?news=20180213&lang=en#reserva>).

*How to get the QSL?*

In addition to making contact (or listening the *SWL*s) with one or several
of the active stations from all Spanish districts, you should act according
to the case:

   - *Members of FEDI-EA and/or EURAO*: do nothing, automatically you will
   receive it via EuroBureauQSL
   <http://www.fediea.org/go.php?link=9&url=http://www.eurobureauqsl.org/>.
   Needn't to send your own QSL, but if you do so, it is welcome. In this
   case, set as Manager: *EA3RKF*.

   - *Other hams*: send a SAE with 1 IRC to: FEDI-EA - P.O. Box 3050 -
   08200 Sabadell (SPAIN).

*Reservations to operate the special stations*

We take care of almost everything: apply for special callsigns, configure
the booking system, upload logs to eQSL and to our website, send QSL cards,
etc.

You just have to enjoy doing radio, fill out and send the log.

Well, you also need to choose the time you want to use any of the special
callsigns via our booking system
<http://www.fediea.org/actividades/reservas.php?lang=en>. Read the
procedure and follow its recommendations.

As a suggestion, the call may be in English: "CQ CQ CQ ... this is AOxWRD,
special event station in occassion of World Radio Day", or in Spanish: "CQ
CQ CQ ... de AOxWRD, estación especial con motivo del Día Mundial de la
Radio".

This year the activity will start at *00:00 h EA 2018-02-09* (23:00 h UTC
2018-02-08) and end at *23:59 h UTC 2018-02-13* (00:59 h EA 2018-02-14).

Thanks in advance to all those who collaborate in this activity, either as
operators or as simple correspondents. Have fun!

Related links:

   - World Radio Day
   <http://www.fediea.org/go.php?link=9&url=http://www.diamundialradio.org/?q=en>
    [multilingual]
   - UNESCO
   <http://www.fediea.org/go.php?link=9&url=http://www.unesco.org/new/en/unesco/events/prizes-and-celebrations/celebrations/international-days/world-radio-day-2014/about-world-radio-day/why-world-radio-day/>
    [multilingual]