ARLA/CLUSTER: Esqueça os crimes cibernéticos, é hora de começar a se preocupar com os bloqueadores de GPS, segundo o governo britânico

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 2 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 13:02:06 WET

Forget cyber crims, it's time to start worrying about GPS jammers –
UK.gov report

The UK must reduce the dependency of its critical infrastructure and
emergency services on GPS technology to mitigate against the
potentially disastrous impact of signal jamming, a government report
has warned.

In a forward to the long-awaited doc from the Government Office of
Science, Cabinet Office minister Oliver Dowden said global navigation
satellite systems (GNSS) are often described as an “invisible
utility”. He said: “It is in our national interest, as this report
makes clear, that we recognise the precise nature and extent of our
dependence on GNSS.

"We must take steps to increase the resilience of our critical
services in the event of GNSS disruption, including by adopting
potential back-up systems where necessary," he wrote in the The
Satellite-derived time and position: A Study of Critical Dependencies
report (PDF).

Last year the government warned the UK stands to lose £1bn per day in
the event of a major disruption to GPS. In 2016 it emerged the
decommissioning of a US satellite caused an error in the GPS network,
having a knock-on effect across a number of UK industries

Read the full article:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/
2018/01/31/gps_signal_
jammers_critical_infrastructure/