ARLA/CLUSTER: AT&T espera chegar à transferência de dados a 1 GB/Segundo em sistemas Power Lines

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 1 de Fevereiro de 2018 - 13:19:49 WET

AT&T hopes for 1 GB/second data over power lines

*Project AirGig* involves deploying low-cost plastic antennas along
medium-voltage power lines as a means of propagating millimeter wave
(mmWave) signals that can be used for 4G LTE and 5G multi-gigabit mobile
and fixed deployments

Converged Digest continues:

One of the new field trials is in the U.S. with Georgia Power, while the
second trial is with an electricity provider located overseas.

AT&T says AirGig could one day deliver internet speeds well over 1 gigabit
per second via a mmWave signal guided by power lines.

Project AirGig is part of our ongoing effort to accelerate internet
connections to a gig or more through both wired and wireless solutions,â€
said Andre Fuetsch, president, AT&T Labs and Chief Technology Officer. “But
it also stands alone as a radically innovative solution to bridge the
global digital divide. If these trials and our continued research and
development turn out the way we intend, we’ll take a big step toward
bringing hyper-fast connectivity to people everywhere.â€

Converged Digest
http://www.convergedigest.com/2017/12/at-cites-progress-with-project-airgig.html

AT&T AirGig Georgia
https://engage.att.com/georgia/blog/?PostId=4671