ARLA/CLUSTER: Actualização sobre a investigações britânica ao canal de notícias RT

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 21 de Dezembro de 2018 - 14:54:49 WET

Update on investigations into the RT news channel

Ofcom has today found that the RT news channel broke broadcasting
rules by failing to preserve due impartiality in seven news and
current affairs programmes over a six-week period.

Earlier this year, Ofcom launched a number of investigations into RT
to determine whether certain programmes broadcast on the channel had
complied with broadcasting rules requiring due impartiality.

Having examined the programmes and all available evidence, including
written and oral representations made by RT, we have concluded that
the following seven programmes, which aired between 17 March 2018 and
26 April, broke due impartiality rules:

Sputnik, RT, 17 March 2018, 19:30;
News, RT, 18 March 2018, 08:00;
Sputnik, RT, 7 April 2018, 19:30;
Crosstalk, RT, 13 April 2018, 20:30;
Crosstalk, RT, 16 April 2018, 20:30;
Crosstalk, RT, 20 April 2018, 08:30; and
News, RT, 26 April 2018, 08:00.

Three further programmes were found not in breach of our due impartiality rules.

Taken together, the seven breaches represent a serious failure of
compliance with our broadcasting rules. We have told RT that we are
minded to consider imposing a statutory sanction. The broadcaster now
has an opportunity to make representations to us, which we will
consider before proceeding further.

Our decisions are set out in full in Broadcast and On Demand Bulletin
issue number 369 (PDF, 2.15 MB).