ARLA/CLUSTER: Austrália pretende simplificar a entrada rapidamente de novos radioamadores

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 3 de Dezembro de 2018 - 10:34:39 WET

Australia aims for quicker entry into Ham Radio

WIA Education Group aims to reduce barriers to entry with cost
reduction, immediate delivery, quicker processing times as well as
automating the process to ensure a smooth and quicker entry into
Amateur Radio

WIA News for Sunday, December 2 says:

I’m David VK4QM with this week's comment from WIA Education Group.

As many of you would know the ACMA released the Approach to Market for
the next deed to supply the Amateur Community with Exam and Callsign
management services on their behalf - the current deed expires early
next year.

The WIA Education Group was recently formed following an appeal to
members by the WIA to form an expert team to respond to the ACMA call
for tenders - known as the ATM. This group consists of volunteers with
many and varied experiences such as Legal, Education, Training &
Assessment.

We would like to introduce ourselves:
Ron VK2DQ, Steve VK2LW, Elizabeth VK2XSE, Dr Harry Edgar VK6YBZ,
Phil VK4PG, Sue Evans, Joseph VK5FJDE  and myself, VK4QM.

Since the release of the Approach to Market our  team has been working
to provide a response that is in the best interest to the Amateur
Radio Community and allows the most UpToDate and flexible delivery
options for future Exams and Callsign management. We have taken what
we feel were the best of delivery and service options within our
current offerings as well as external sources such as the RSGB, ARRL &
NZART to put together a world class approach for the Australian
Amateur Radio Community now and into the future.

Our guiding principle for this whole process was to reduce barriers to
entry with cost reduction, immediate delivery, quicker processing
times as well as automating the process to ensure a smooth and quicker
entry into the hobby. We have not only been able to achieve this but
have addressed all of ACMAs mandatory and desired requirements as
outlined in their approach to market.

Over the coming weeks as we move closer to the end of the current deed
and what we believe will be our success in securing the future deed we
will be expanding the education group to ensure that on day 1 we are
ready to move into a brighter future for our Amateur Radio Community.

We will be working with the current Nominated assessors in the first
instance, then with the wealth of experience and knowledge of
Assessors and Learning Facilitators to build the examination system of
the future. If you are an assessor or learning facilitator you will be
hearing from us by email shortly.

We would like to thank WIA Members for their ongoing support of the
WIA, who represent the whole of the Amateur Radio Community in
Australia. With this new initiative for the exam and callsign
management service we would like to invite past members as well as
those who have never been a member to become members and support this
great hobby into the future.

We wish to acknowledge Fred VK3DAC for all his tireless support of the
WIA and for his service in delivering assessor and learning
facilitator services under the 2009 deed.  Without Fred’s support over
many years the WIA would not have been able to grow and move forward
with this very important service for all in the Amateur Radio
Community.

Whilst we won’t know the outcome of the ATM tender selection process
for some weeks, we are hopeful of a successful outcome. We have put
together a comprehensive and forward-looking submission on behalf of
the WIA, its members and also the entire Australian radio amateur
cohort.

I’m David VK4QM from Roma Qld and would like to thank our team and the
WIA board for its support through this process and to our success as
the Australian Amateur Radio community in growing and moving forward
into the future together.

Source WIA News
http://www.wia.org.au/members/broadcast/wianews/
display.php?file_id=wianews-2018-12-02