ARLA/CLUSTER: YOTA 2018 : Os jovens são os futuros líderes do radioamadorismo.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 27 de Agosto de 2018 - 11:17:44 WEST

Young people are the future leaders in Amateur Radio

*"You are the future of Amateur Radio"*, YOTA 2018 Patron, *Gary Immelman,
ZS6YI* told YOTA 2018 delegates in his address on the last evening of the
event that is now worldwide heralded as the best ever

He said "the intention this year was to subject you to relative high
intensity amateur radio fun with as many diverse segments as what we could
muster during this short week. Obviously, we have only touched the tip of
the iceberg and so many more projects could've been embarked upon, but I
believe you have all got a taste of what could be done in our hobby and
especially what can be built upon to make YOTA of the future an
ever-changing and even better experience than the last.

You are the future leaders of the amateur radio fraternity and I urge you
to become leaders in your respective organizations. By virtue of the fact
that you were prepared to come all this way to South Africa and to so
enthusiastically participate in this year's YOTA tells me that you are all
a very dedicated and motivated group of young people. Judging by what I saw
on how you all participated, the enthusiasm and vigour in which you
participated in the various activities gives me comfort that the future of
amateur radio is indeed very bright."

Gary thanked the SARL YOTA organising team for their dedication to make
this, undoubtedly the greatest event on the South African Calendar, happen.
Special thanks should go to Nico van Rensburg, ZS6QL for his tremendous
contribution and leadership, Koos Fick, ZR6KF and Lisa Leenders, PA2LS for
bringing the event to South Africa.

Gary concluded with "The greatest gift you can give someone, is your time,
because you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back."

Source news bulletin of the South African Radio League
http://www.sarl.org.za/public/_news/read_arch.asp?file=../../bulletins/
sarlnews%2020180825.txt