ARLA/CLUSTER: Episódio 120 de série "Foundations of Amateur Radio"

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 26 de Setembro de 2017 - 13:22:41 WEST

Foundations of Amateur Radio- Episode 120

*Tropospheric Ducting Explained*

You've always been taught that VHF communications are line of sight and
that the height of your antenna determines how far your 2m communication
might go.

So if I tell you that last week I spoke with a station that was 300
kilometres away on the 2m band you might be forgiven in thinking that I had
managed to climb up most of the side of Mount Everest to around 7
kilometres so I could make my line-of-sight communications 300 kilometres
away.

This week we find out how that works using a phenomenon called
"Tropospheric Ducting".

*Foundations of Amateur Radio* is a weekly podcast about the wonderful
hobby of Amateur or Ham radio. You can catch it on-air, on-line or
on-demand. Check out iTunes by searching for my callsign VK6FLAB for your
personal copy, or visit the website at
http://podcasts.itmaze.com.au/foundations/

*Onno VK6FLAB*