ARLA/CLUSTER: Radioamadores da Austria aderem à App RFinder - The World Wide Repeater Directory

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 18 de Setembro de 2017 - 18:27:16 WEST

ÖVSV Österreichische Versuchssenderverband partners with RFinder - The
World Wide Repeater Directory!

ÖVSV Österreichische Versuchssenderverband and RFinder are pleased to
announce a new partnership agreement effective 3 September, 2017. ÖVSV
has now joined as the latest Member Society of RFinder.

ÖVSV Austria will provide latest information for maintaining the very
latest FR repeater data for RFinder - The World Wide Repeater
Directory. Austrian radio amateurs who subscribe will have access to
the entire world's directory while supporting ÖVSV Austria.

RFinder is a steadily growing worldwide repeater directory which has
over 60.000 repeaters in over 170 countries. Annual ~€11 subscription
to RFinder provides access to repeater data through its collections of
Apps on Android and iPhone, RadioBuddy on iPhone, web, RT Systems and
CHIRP radio programmers.

RFinder's new feature of repeater routing ( http://routes.rfinder.net
) allows finding of repeaters over routes worldwide. One subscription,
access to repeater data worldwide, from any computing device on
Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iPhone and popular GPS systems.

Real-time radio programming on Android and iPhone is provided by the
open source RFinderPi, which is based on the Raspberry Pi. RFinder is
tightly integrated with EchoLink both on Android and iPhone, providing
one-click connection to repeaters worldwide from the
directory!RFinder's new Android based radio/cellphones integrate
tightly with the RFinder software, providing point an click FM and DMR
worldwide without codeplugs.

The RFinder team is honored to be ÖVSV Austria's partner, providing
the very latest repeater information and directory technology for the
Radio Amateurs of Austria. We look forward to working with ÖVSV to
make the directory even better for Austrian hams.

"We have many of Austria's radio amateurs as users of RFinder
already...ÖVSV's embracement of our RFinder Android Radios and our
enhanced support for DMR makes for great synergy," says Bob Greenberg,
W2CYK, creator of RFinder - The World Wide Repeater Directory.

"An App like RFinder makes the advantage of innovative radios based on
Android  systems as we have proposed in our intitative 'Next
Generation Radio' fully visible to the users. There is no need for
complicated codeplugs for DMR anymore and your radio will always be up
to date, regardless of your location." says Mike Zwingl, president of
ÖVSV"

ÖVSV Österreichische Versuchssenderverband is the IARU representative
for Austria. www.oevsv.at