ARLA/CLUSTER: Um rádio DMR de 5 watts poderia ser substituído por um bom SDR com cerca de 0,75 watts diz Bruce Perens (K6BP) na ARRL/TAPR Digital Communications Conference.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 20 de Outubro de 2017 - 13:35:28 WEST

HamRadioNow: State of Digital Voice - DCC 2017

A 5-watt DMR radio could be replaced by a well implemented SDR running
about 0.75 watts says *Bruce Perens K6BP*, watch this video of his DCC
presentation

This is Bruce Perens K6BP at the 2017 ARRL/TAPR Digital Communications
Conference. Do we really need to say any more? OK, Bruce's main point is
one he's been making for several years: The major manufacturers have been
screwing up Digital Voice with mediocre implementation and their
incompatible walled gardens. And we're slowly getting closer to VHF+SDR
radios that can do better.

He is especially critical of Yaesu, but actually compliments Kenwood for
introducing a radio that is actually compatible with at least one other
line of radios (ICOM/D-STAR).

Skip the intro 5:14 but maybe contribute a few bucks to help us produce the
DCC video series. Support HamRadioNow at:
http://HamRadioNow.tv/ <http://hamradionow.tv/> (and click the pig)

Watch HRN 356: Bruce Perens K6BP - State of Digital Voice - 2017 DCC on Ham
Radio Now
https://youtu.be/giZi4Y7FlwM

Previous editions of HamRadioNow
http://www.youtube.com/user/HamRadioNow/videos

Thanks to Alexandru Csete†OZ9AEC for spotting this item
https://twitter.com/csete
http://oz9aec.net/