ARLA/CLUSTER: A geração da Internet (Millennials) está a matar o radioamadorismo.?

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Sexta-Feira, 24 de Novembro de 2017 - 12:36:15 WET

Millennials are killing Ham Radio

In his latest thought provoking blog post, *Sterling Coffey N0SSC *discusses
the current state of Amateur Radio and its future

He notes not every young person has a Mom who's sufficiently well off to
spend $1000+ on an HF rig for their offspring - Remote Stations could
provide the answer:

*"Because young people do not often have access to the the kind of money an
HF radio station requires, I strongly believe to captivate more young
people, we need to do more of one of these two things.- Promote your club’s
shack, your own shack to young people.- Put your shack on a remote service
provider for others to use when you’re not."*

But Amateur Radio should not just be about *people-to-people *communications
but *people-to-machine* comms as well:

*"...what’s much more interesting and impactful to the next generation is
is the idea of people-to-machine communication. In other words, Digital
Voice is dumb, Digital Data is smart, and the only ways to utilize digital
data are explicitly NOT provided by the commercial manufacturers of amateur
radio, but instead by Adafruit, Ubiquiti; HackRF, RFSpace, and USRP; and
soon FaradayRF, among others."*

Read Sterling's post at
http://n0ssc.com/posts/583-millennials-are-killing-ham-radio