ARLA/CLUSTER: O declino no numero de radioamadores na Holanda

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Terça-Feira, 7 de Novembro de 2017 - 12:58:37 WET

Decline in new radio hams in The Netherlands

The Dutch Radio Examination Foundation has released the number of
applications and successful candidates for the Novice and Full radio
amateur exams, they both showed declines

On November 4, the VERON Chair Remy Denker PA3AGF gave a speech at the
Radio Amateur Day held in Apeldoorn. A Google English translation
says:

By 2015 there were 444 notifications in 2017 that is 410. In 2015, the
Telecom Agency was able to register 322 new amateurs; in 2017 there
are 270.

I think the power of the small numbers can play a big role in
promoting our hobby. If every radio ambassador shows in his area to
friends and acquaintances who show interest shows what a wonderful
hobby he has, then that can be a positive effect, which affects more
people. And those others express their enthusiasm again. Perhaps that
will also be the interest in examinations. Every amateur should keep a
kind of continuous "Open Door to the Radioamateur" . My call is thus:

Spread the word.

Source https://www.veron.nl/nieuws/toespraak-veron-dvdra-2017/

Netherlands Radio Examination Foundation
http://tinyurl.com/NetherlandsRadioExamFoundation

VERON in Google English
http://tinyurl.com/NetherlandsVERON