ARLA/CLUSTER: África do Sul publica os resultados dos exames de aptidão para radioamadores das classes A e B realizados a 20 de Maio de 2017

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 29 de Maio de 2017 - 14:07:19 WEST

South African RAE results released

The results of the Class A and Class B radio amateur exams held in
South Africa on May 20, 2017 have been released

81 people passed the 60 question exam for the 1,000 watt Class A
license and 11 passed the 30 question exam for the 100 watt Class B
license (ZU Prefix). Class B may be considered equivalent to UK
Foundation but unlike the UK there is no requirement to sit the Class
B exam before doing the higher level Class A.

South African Radio Amateur Exams are held twice a year in May and
October, candidates for the Class B exam must be aged under 25.

SARL Weekly News says:

The RAE results are out and have been published on the League website.
Congratulations to all the new Amateur Radio operators who were
successful in the exam. We look forward to hearing our new Radio
Amateurs on the airwaves soon.

I would like to thank all the lecturers, invigilators, helpers and the
HF assessors who gave up their time to mentor and tutor the
candidates.
It is your effort, dedication and team work that makes Amateur Radio
happen and ensures its success for the future.

A big thank you to our SARL administrator Kelley Heslop and to Nick
Dreyer, ZS6NCK, for all the help.

The exam results can be found at
http://www.sarl.org.za/Web3/RAE/ExamResultsPublic.aspx

RAE syllabus and study guide