ARLA/CLUSTER: Revista CQ Magazine homenageia britânicos envolvidos no Projeto Astro Pi

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 22 de Maio de 2017 - 12:58:26 WEST

<http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2017/may/cq-magazine-honours-britons.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AmateurRadioNews+%28Southgate+Amateur+Radio+News%29#>
0
<http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2017/may/cq-magazine-honours-britons.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AmateurRadioNews+%28Southgate+Amateur+Radio+News%29#>
Share
CQ Magazine honours Britons involved in Astro Pi project

Radio amateurs *David Honess, M6DNT*, and *Tim Peake, KG5BVI / GB1SS*, have
been inducted into the prestigious CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame

The CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame honours those individuals, whether
licenced hams or not, who have made significant contributions to amateur
radio; and those amateurs who have made significant contributions either to
amateur radio, to their professional careers or to some other aspect of
life on our planet.

David Honess, M6DNT, developed the Astro Pi project which sent two
Raspberry Pi computers to the International Space Station as platforms for
students on Earth to write and run their own computer code in space. In
November 2016 he was honored for this work with the Sir Arthur Clarke
Award, presented by the Arthur C. Clarke Foundation and the British
Interplanetary Society.

David said *"I was really surprised when I heard I'd been inducted into the
Hall of Fame, especially alongside Tim! Thank you to CQ magazine for the
honour."*

*"I'm so jealous of the kids these days, if you could have sent BBC Basic
code to the Mir space station when I was kid I would have gone mad for it!
Astro Pi gives young people a chance to be real ISS scientists, to have
their code run in space and do something meaningful."*

UK astronaut Tim Peake, KG5BVI /GB1SS, has been very active in ARISS
program during his mission on the International Space Station. He
coordinated the ISS end of the Astro Pi project.

Astro Pi: Your Code in Space
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/astro-pi/

Astro Pi https://astro-pi.org/
Twitter https://twitter.com/astro_pi

CQ Amateur Radio Hall of Fame
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_awards/cq_hall_of_fame_awards/
cq_hall_of_fame_awards.html
<http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/cq_awards/cq_hall_of_fame_awards/cq_hall_of_fame_awards.html>

David Honess, M6DNT, presented with Sir Arthur Clarke Award
https://amsat-uk.org/2016/11/25/radio-ham-awarded-space-achievement-honour/

Videos of Tim Peake GB1SS amateur radio contacts with UK schools
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQS-yDk7PdE9cRv4MNu8pCw/videos