ARLA/CLUSTER: Possivelmente a primeira operação via satélites de amador desde a Argélia com a participação de 25 estudantes

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 4 de Maio de 2017 - 13:25:47 WEST

Amateur Radio satellite operation in Algeria

*Abdel Mesbah M0NPT* reports on what is believed to be the first amateur
radio satellite operation from Algeria

An introductory training course on amateur satellite traffic was organized
on April 14-15, 2017 at the 7X3WPL radio club in Laghouat (400 km south of
Algiers).

This course was held under the auspices of the Laghouat Youth and Sports
Directorate, Laghouat’s League of Cultural and Scientific Activities for
Youth (LACS), the National Association of Algerian Radio Amateurs (ARA) and
The El Manar youth hostel which houses the radio club 7X3WPL.

A certificate of training was given to each participant

A total of about 25 students took part in this event, mainly students in
master telecommunications and other enthusiasts of the world of radio
telecommunications. While communication and demonstrations on amateur
satellite traffic were carried out by Abdel Mesbah M0NPT, a member of
AMSAT-UK and Chairman of the Hucknall Rolls-Royce Amateur Radio Club (UK),
the Doppler management in satellite traffic was discussed by the Professor
researcher, M. Bouzouad Mouloud of the laboratory of telecommunications of
the signals and systems of the University of Laghouat.

The radio club 7X3WPL is in the process of installing a satellite station
using a Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu G5500 Trackers and Wimo cross Yagis, please
keep your ears open on Satellites as you may hear them soon.

I am delighted to be the first person to have activated Algeria (7X2ARA in
JM16MS & 7X3WPL in JM13KT) on Satellites and I am looking forward to going
back again.

The first contact from Algeria on the SO-50 satellite was with my friend
Peter 2E0SQL [now 2M0SQL], followed by Adam MU0WLV, Fran EA1JM, Olivier
F5RRO, Jerome F4DXV, George MI6GTY, Peter G0ABI, Neven 9A5YY, Colin MU0FAL
and many others.

I am also looking forward to install my own station in Algiers once I get
my Algerian callsign 7X2TT sorted Inchallah

*Abdel Mesbah M0NPT*

How to work FM satellites
https://amsat-uk.org/beginners/how-to-work-fm-satellites/

AMSAT-UK: http://amsat-uk.org/