ARLA/CLUSTER: Como modificar o Dongle RTL2832+R820T para o tornar num gerador de RF de 0,5 a 1,5 GHz

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Quinta-Feira, 16 de Março de 2017 - 12:50:08 WET

The RTL2832+R820T RF Generator hack 1.0

The hack 0.9 describes how to modify a RTL2832U+R820T dongle as RF
generator.

I connected the generator to two RTL2832U+R820T receivers and I assumed the
generator to be in the 0.5-1.5GHz range as indicated by the receivers
screens.

That is not correct because the RTL_SDR receiver is sensitive to even
harmonics of the tuning frequency.

See also:-
Using a RTL dongle as a uWave signal test source

In July 2014, OH2FTG posted a video where he demonstrated how to use a RTL
dongle as a low power transmitter, by extracting the Local Oscillator (LO)
signal. Following this revelation, IK1XPV had a similar idea, and modified
an RTL dongle in order to achieve a higher output level.

Whilst discussing methods for testing antennas, I thought it would be
useful if a RTL dongle could be used as a low power test transmitter, in
order to perform antenna gain comparisons.

See also.
http://www.g8jnj.net/softwaredefinedradio.htm

A quick check with a spectrum analyser showed that there was approximately
-80dBm of LO leakage from the RF input connector of an unmodified dongle,
which could be tuned over the frequency range 904MHz to 3544MHz. This is
very useful as it includes the 1090MHz ADS-B, Inmarsat, GPS, 23cm, 13cm and
9cm Amateur bands amongst others.

http://www.steila.com/blog/index.php?
controller=post&action=view&id_post=9
<http://www.steila.com/blog/index.php?controller=post&action=view&id_post=9>

*•* Our thanks to *Stephen, G7VFY* for the above information