ARLA/CLUSTER: Escassez de jovens radioamadores holandeses tem de ser combatida, apela radioamador com 69 anos de idade.

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 13 de Março de 2017 - 13:56:35 WET

Shortage of young Dutch radio hams

'We have a shortage of young members, our hobby has to be hip again'
69-year-old radio amateur Frans Hilbrink PA4FH explains

The VERON website says an "Open House" is being held from April 22-30
offering a look behind the scenes of the hobby.

The report highlights the useful work radio amateurs do, for example
during natural disasters, and the ability to contact the International
Space Station and talk with astronauts such as André Kuipers PI9ISS.

It is estimated there are some 12,000 people involved in the hobby in
The Netherlands.

Read the full story
English http://tinyurl.com/VERON-2017-03-11
Dutch https://www.veron.nl/nieuws/geen-piraten/