ARLA/CLUSTER: África do Sul defende uma atitude mais proactiva no encorajamento de jovens radioamadores na actividade

João Costa > CT1FBF ct1fbf gmail.com
Segunda-Feira, 13 de Março de 2017 - 13:09:11 WET

SARL: Encourage the younger generation

SARL News says we need to be proactive to change and challenges, and
not take a position of "wait and see" for attitudes to change

The South African Radio League News bulletin for March 12 says:

There will be those members in all of our organizations that will hate
what the future will bring, but history and experience shows us that
adopting a position of limited or no change only means that the change
and growth will occur elsewhere.

We should encourage the younger generation to get involved in amateur
radio to experiment and research the frequencies on VHF and above
where the future lies.

The future focus will also be on space communications and within ten
years or so amateur communications with settlements on the Moon should
be possible and later with Mars. The new challenges will have far
greater appeal and be more exciting for the younger ones. The SKA, the
greatest science project in this century, will be on stream in our own
backyard, the Karoo and the Outback in Australia.

All this should attract many keen, as well as technically minded
students, to amateur radio again. The Hammies project in South Africa
should be encouraged.

SARL News:
http://www.sarl.org.za/public/_news/read.asp